I did NaNoWriMo in 2015 and made my 50,000 words. But at the end of November, I was tired of writing and tired of that story. That's my usual state and so I usually just give up and "publish" my stories, unedited, on my old blog, even if I mean to someday go back and edit.
This year, I didn't do that because I might really edit it first. I was pointed to this article about how to edit your NaNo book. I have done the re-read and now I'm on step 2, the story edit.
There was a lot wrong with the middle of my story -- it didn't flow well, was awkward and just weird. I've spent the last few days thinking about how it could change to correct that. I have a whole new character and a whole new set of scenes to write. I think it will improve things, but we'll see. Maybe by March I'll have it in a better form.